Yousef Al-Benyan, Vice Chairman and CEO, SABIC, was re-elected as Chairman of the Board for another three-year term
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 17 June 2021 – The Gulf Petrochemicals & Chemicals Association (GPCA), the voice of the chemical industry in the Arabian Gulf region, today announced the election of a new Board of Directors and a Vice Chairman at the 2021 Annual General Assembly Meeting held at the Habtoor Palace Dubai, LXR Hotels & Resorts, UAE.
Yousef Al-Benyan, Vice Chairman and CEO, SABIC, was re-elected for a new three-year term as Chairman of the GPCA Board of Director. Al-Benyan has served in this position since May 2016, having previously sat on GPCA’s Executive Committee.
Dr. Mohamed Al-Mulla was elected to the position of GPCA Vice Chairman, replacing Dr. Abdulrahman Jawahery, President of the Bahrain-based Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC). Dr. Abdulrahman Jawahery was elected as Treasurer. All three executives GPCA’s Chairman, Vice Chairman and Treasurer serve on the Association’s Executive Committee.
In no particular order, the new members elected on the GPCA Board of Directors are as follows:
- Ali Mohammed Al-Asiri, CEO, Chemanol
- Ahmed Al Jahdhami, CEO Downstream, OQ
- Abdel Hadi AlSuhaimi, Executive President, S-Chem
- Othman A. Al-Ghamdi, President and CEO, PetroRabigh
- Abdulrahman M. Al-Suwaidi, Managing Director and CEO, QAFCO
- Mohammed Y. Al Qahtani, SVP Downstream, Saudi Aramco
- Abdullah Saif Al-Saadoon, CEO, Sipchem
In no particular order, GPCA founding members who retain their seats on the GPCA Board include:
- Yousef Al-Benyan, Vice Chairman and CEO, SABIC, Saudi Arabia
- Abdulrahman Jawahery, President, GPIC, Bahrain
- Mohamed Al Mulla, Managing Director and CEO, QAPCO, Qatar
- Hazeem Al Suwaidi, CEO, Borouge, UAE
- Naser Aldousari, CEO, EQUATE, Kuwait
- Mutlaq Al-Azmi, CEO, PIC, Kuwait
- Mutlaq Al-Morished, CEO, Tasnee, Saudi Arabia
- Abdullah A. Al-Hussaini, Executive VP – Marketing, Qatar Petroleum
Dr. Abdulwahab Al-Sadoun, Secretary General, GPCA commented, “I am pleased to welcome the newly elected Members of the Board who bring decades of leadership experience acquired at the helm of some of the largest chemical and petrochemical companies in the GCC. Their wealth of knowledge, expertise and commitment to advancing the industry’s contribution to socio-economic development in the region make them an exceptional addition to the GPCA Board and I look forward to working closely with them in the coming years to take the Association to new heights.”
“I would also like to thank all of the esteemed leaders who served on the GPCA Board for their valuable contribution to advancing GPCA’s strategic vision. The success and achievements of the Association over the last few years would not have been possible without their astute leadership and dedication and I wholeheartedly thank them for this.”
The 2021 GPCA Annual General Assembly Meeting was held following the inaugural edition of the GPCA Leaders Forum which took place on 16 June in Dubai under the theme ‘In pursuit of resurgent growth during turbulent times’.