Mastering the balancing act of profitability and sustainability: A special focus on R&I
26 October 2020 | 11 AM Dubai time | Duration: 90 minutes
The chemical industry is at the heart of many global value chains and plays a vital role in the global drive towards sustainability. Whilst the GCC has faced twin shocks of plunging oil prices and reduced demand due to the pandemic, regional chemical and petrochemical companies are finding it extremely challenging to decide on the right investments to generate fruitful returns. To survive and thrive in the post-pandemic world, sound economic decisions and adoption of sustainable strategies will undoubtedly play a crucial role to attain long-term goals that ensure value creation and maximise profitability. To be able to achieve this, the evolving task of research and innovation, including intellectual property management, will play a vital role in the transition to new business models and acceleration towards a profitable and sustainable future.
GPCA is proud to host a webinar that will look at this issue from different angles: first take a deep dive into current trends and future business outlook for the GCC chemical industry, and second, discuss emphasis of research and innovation as well as intellectual property. The webinar will focus on:
- Short- and long-term impact of the pandemic on markets and profitability
- Oil prices and their effect on chemical prices and margins
- Adopting different strategies throughout the business cycle
- How would technology meet and support company’s strategy to overcome feedstock volatility?
- How can companies invest in priorities that can help them move through bad economic times?
- Renewables trends – A winning opportunity or challenge for the GCC industry?
Intellectual property, rights and legal concerns:
- Legal and technology protection implications on the downstream sector
- The cost of maintaining IP rights as well as how to prioritize and strike the right balance
- Managing, focusing and leveraging your legal resources
Dr. Hatem Belfadhel
Technology Management Lead, OTC Project Executive
Partner, Head – Intellectual Property
Norton Rose Fulbright
Nexant Energy and Chemicals Advisory
Who should attend
- Executive Director
- Executive Vice President
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
Job functions (departments/organisation types)
- Corporate strategy/Strategy
- Business Development
- Human Resources/ Human Capital
- Corporate Finance
- Research & Development/ Technology & Innovation
- Governance and legal advisors
- Sustainable Finance
- Strategy and transformation
- Sales and marketing
Why attend the GPCA webinar series?
Adapt to evolve
The GPCA Webinar Series will address a new reality brought about by the complex set of events that have impacted demand, profit margins, affordability, sustainability and the growth paradigm.
Learn and network
Formulated to encompass the 3 pillars of GPCA – thought leadership, advocacy and networking, the webinar series aims to facilitate strong dialogue, sharing of insights and navigating future industry terrains.
Examine and forecast
Stay updated with the most recent policy and ad-hoc reforms adopted by governments, their impact on the way trade and business is conducted and how to plan for the future amidst substantial uncertainties.
Connect with the industry
The GPCA Webinar Series will allow unprecedented access to key industry opinions, allowing attendees to gain from a wealth of knowledge as well as a relevant network, encouraging knowledge exchange and unity in adversity.