Webinar | The Future of Plastics: Circular Economy and CO2 Scenarios
Wednesday, July 7, 3PM UAE time
The next edition of the GPCA Webinar Series will explore the key trends transforming the future of plastics. BloombergNEF analysts will present the emissions pathways for the plastics industry and look at the potential impact of circular economy on feedstock and oil demand growth.
Key themes to be addressed at the webinar:
- Policy drivers in key markets:
- Outlining global policy trends (e.g. recycled content laws, plastic taxes, EPR schemes) to provide an understanding of how the policy landscape will change for plastics.
- Techno-economic analysis of advanced recycling:
- Assessing the viability of recycling assets from BNEF’s project finance model
- Economics of depolymerization and pyrolysis technologies as well as their sensitivities to different financial variables.
- Impact of circular economy on feedstock and oil demand growth:
- Highlighting the impact of different circular economy trends — like demand substitution, bioplastics, and recycling — can have on oil demand and upstream petrochemicals.
- Emissions pathways for the plastics industry:
- Long-term view on expected emissions from the production of commodity plastics (PE, PP, PET) to change between now and 2050 under different scenarios that bring together different circular economy trends.
Head of Sustainable Materials
Associate, Sustainable Materials
Global Leader, Circular Economy
Dr. Ranjit R. Kulkarni
Director, Sales , Middle East – Customer Sales & Services
Who should attend
- Associate Directors
- Head of departments
- Vice President and Analysts
Job functions (departments/organisation types)
Business leaders involved in:
- Polymer Technology
- Polymer Business
- Circular Economy
- Research and Development
- Technology and innovation
- Polymer producers
- Government and regulators
Why attend the GPCA webinar series?
Adapt to evolve
The GPCA Webinar Series will address a new reality brought about by the complex set of events that have impacted demand, profit margins, affordability, sustainability and the growth paradigm.
Learn and network
Formulated to encompass the 3 pillars of GPCA – thought leadership, advocacy and networking, the webinar series aims to facilitate strong dialogue, sharing of insights and navigating future industry terrains.
Examine and forecast
Stay updated with the most recent policy and ad-hoc reforms adopted by governments, their impact on the way trade and business is conducted and how to plan for the future amidst substantial uncertainties.
Connect with the industry
The GPCA Webinar Series will allow unprecedented access to key industry opinions, allowing attendees to gain from a wealth of knowledge as well as a relevant network, encouraging knowledge exchange and unity in adversity.