Why join GPCA?
- Join the first and most powerful regional platform that voices the common interests of the chemical industry value chain in the Arabian Gulf region
- Access effective networking opportunities, exchange valuable information and knowledge, and strengthen your business partnerships
- Gain exclusives access to insights on strategy, market outlook and the latest industry trends
- Become part of the industry’s elite community of leading senior decision makers and voice your opinion on ways to shape the industry’s future
- Join the chemical industry’s global initiatives that are shaping the industry
Who can become a GPCA member?
GPCA represents the leading petrochemical and chemical industry in the region. If your company belongs to one of these industries, GPCA will be happy to accept your application for membership:
- Large scale petrochemical and chemical producers with more than 100 KTA production capacity based in the Arabian Gulf region.
- Small scale petrochemical and chemical producers with less than 100 KTA production capacity based in the Arabian Gulf region.
- International petrochemical and chemical producers manufacturing outside of the Arabian Gulf region.
- Companies and organizations which do not produce petrochemicals or chemicals but which are involved in associated activities such as, but not limited to, shipping and logistics, marketing, engineering, construction, financing, and strategy consultation of petrochemicals and chemicals businesses.
- Companies and organizations which are directly involved in the petrochemical and chemical trade industry, financial, academic institutes.
What is the procedure to become a GPCA member?
- Complete the membership application form
- A GPCA representative will get in touch with you once you have completed the form to progress your application.
- Your application will be reviewed by GPCA management for approval
- Once your application is approved, the Secretariat will welcome you officially and membership invoice will be sent to the registered contact person, your membership with GPCA will be activated once the membership fees has been paid .
For further information on GPCA membership, please contact: [email protected] | +971 4 451 0666 ext. 103 or 155.
What are the membership categories?
Full members | Large scale producers (regional petrochemical and chemical producers with more than 100 KTA production capacity based in the Arabian Gulf region) | USD 15,000
Associate members | Small scale gulf petrochemicals and chemicals producers with less than 100KTA production capacity | USD 5,000
Associate members | Service companies (Downstream companies/organizations which do not produce petrochemicals or chemicals, but which are involved in associated activities such as but not limited to shipping, engineering, construction, financing of petrochemicals/ chemicals)| USD 4,000
Associate members | Business partners (Companies/organizations directly involved in petrochemical and chemical trade/industry)| USD 2,000
What to expect as soon as your company joins as a member?
- You will receive official welcome letter from GPCA Secretariat
- You will be granted access to membership portal which is exclusive for members
- You will need to assign an official contact to be the main GPCA focal point to manage the membership
- You will start receiving GPCA’s Insight Express, events invitations offering special members rate, exclusive publications and market analysis. You will also be eligible for additional users and access to the GPCA membership platform
- Your company will be officially welcomed as new member in the GPCA Insight (monthly newsletter)
Is the annual membership fee refundable?
No, the membership fees in non-refundable
What is the procedure for renewing the annual membership?
The membership will be renewed automatically every calendar year, the renewal invoice will be sent to you in Jan every year
What is the invoicing term if we join in the middle of the year?
Our invoicing term is for the calendar year (Jan-Dec). If your company joins us in the middle of the year, the first invoice will be sent for the 12 months starting from the month of receiving the membership application form. For the next year, the invoice will be sent on a pro-rata basis for the remaining period of year in Jan
Can I upgrade our company membership?
Yes, if your area of activity has changed, we could upgrade the membership category subject to our management approval
Who to contact regarding your membership inquiries?
For any inquiries related to your membership status
Tel : +971 4 451 0666 ext.106
Senior HR and Membership Specialist
Tel : +971 4 451 0666 ext. 108
For events participation, sponsorship opportunities
Sales and Membership Specialist
Tel : +971 4 451 0666 ext. 103
Sales and Membership Specialist
Tel : +971 4 451 0666 ext. 155
How can an organization/company make the best out of its GPCA membership benefits?
By being an active member on the GPCA portal, participating in the chemical initiatives, voicing your industry interests and concerns, attending our prestigious networking events, attending webinars and dialogue series, and being updated on the latest industry insights, reports, and database research.
How can I boost my company’s profile?
- Attend our networking events
- Update your company’s profile on the GPCA membership portal
- Free profiling of your company in our members directory
- Publish your company’s updates and success stories
- Join members discussions on the portal
- Attend the Annual General Assembly Meeting (AGM) which is exclusive for members and an opportunity to meet the key decision makers of the petrochemicals and chemicals industry
- Be a sponsor of our events
Can non-members participate in the GPCA events?
Yes, but they will have to pay the full fees while members can benefit from our extended discounts.
How to participate in GPCA events?
Our members will receive invitations where they can register their delegates and claim their discount. Members can also access our event calendar on the GPCA portal.
Non-members can find out about our events on our website page: https://www.gpca.org.ae/networking-2/. Each event has a microsite with all the information including the registration page for each event.
GPCA Networking Events
What are GPCA’s networking events?
How can members benefit from the networking events?
GPCA’s calendar of events are a must-attend for senior industry executives from the region and the world. GPCA’s bespoke conferences, seminars and workshops attracts a combined audience of over 3,000 delegates annually, offering access to world class facilities, programs and speakers, alongside unrivalled marketing, and networking opportunities.
- Expand your network
- Take advantage of special discounted member rates for all GPCA events
- Gain exclusive access to the annual GPCA General Assembly, attended by the GPCA Board and CEOs of full members
- Avail the opportunity of complimentary registration for registering for your C-level executive for attending one of our industry related events
Being a member, am I eligible for complimentary registration for attending the GPCA events?
Yes, your C-level executive could register for attending one of our industry related events free of cost as a member
Below are the list of our industry relevant events:
- Plastic Conference
- Supply Chain Conference
- Agri-Nutrients Conference
- Research and Innovation Conference
- Responsible Care Conference
Is there any limit on the number of delegates attending from our company as a member?
No, you could send any number of delegates, we will charge them discounted members rate for attending the events
The Annual GPCA Forum
When is the Annual GPCA forum?
After careful consideration of the circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the difficult decision not to hold the special edition of the 15th Annual GPCA Forum, scheduled to take place on 10 – 11 February 2021 in Dubai.
The health and safety of our members, sponsors and exhibitors, partners as well as employees are paramount to any decision we take. Therefore, considering the ongoing concerns about the pandemic in the region and globally, we felt this was the best way to proceed during such unprecedented times.
With this mind, we are pleased to announce that the next edition of the Annual GPCA Forum is planned to take place on 7 – 9 December 2021 in Dubai, when we hope that industry leaders will have the opportunity to converge in the Arabian Gulf, network safely and enjoy an excellent program delivered by world-class speakers.
How can I register to the Annual GPCA Forum?
Please send an email to the registration team [email protected] to know more about the special edition of this forum and to register your delegates.
Will the 15th Annual GPCA Forum be virtual?
The 15th Annual GPCA Forum will not be virtual. It will take place at Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE.
Please click on the link given below to view the updates on the Annual GPCA Forum
What are the health measures taken place at the Annual GPCA Forum?
Please follow the below link for the latest updates on the health measures taken at the Annual GPCA Forum
Who participates in the GPCA Annual Meeting?
- Regional petrochemical and chemical producers
- International petrochemical and chemical producers
- Ministers, regulators, policy makers and senior government officials
- Technology and service providers
- Downstream players
- Financial institutions
- Consultancy firms
- Managing Director and CEO
- President and CEO
- Chairman and CEO
- Executive Director
- Sustainability Head/Officer/ Director/Lead
- General Manager
- Regional Director
- Senior Managers and Managers
- Marketing and Sales/Business Development
- Strategy Head/Officer/Director/Lead
GPCA Advocacy Programs
What are GPCA advocacy programs?
GPCA manages six working committees – Plastics, Supply Chain, Fertilizers, International Trade, Research and Innovation, and Responsible Care – and organizes six world-class events each year.
Advocating for the industry: GPCA is championing initiatives and programs that continuously improve the regional industry’s overall standards
- Responsible Care® is a global, voluntary initiative adopted by the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA) to drive continuous improvement and achieve excellence in environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) performance.
- The Gulf Sustainability and Quality Assessment System (SQAS) was launched by GPCA and spearheaded by the GPCA Supply Chain Committee in August 2014. Gulf SQAS is a system that extends Responsible Care® throughout the product supply chain by evaluating the quality, safety, security and environmental performance of logistics service providers.
- International Trade: GPCA actively promotes the adoption of free market policies and for the elimination of tariff and non-tariff barriers that impact chemicals trade negatively. In coordination with the GPCA International Trade Committee we strongly advocate the upholding of multilateral trade agreements under the World Trade Organization.
- Plastics and Circular Economy: GPCA and its members fully support and advocate for a plastics circular economy in the GCC and globally. Through its annual conferences, advocacy efforts and participation in global initiatives, GPCA engages with the value chain network to facilitate effective collaboration and stimulate innovation in the creation of a circular economy in the region.
Advocating for the environment: GPCA is leading awareness programs about recycling and waste management and encouraging a more responsible attitude toward litter.
- Waste Free Environment is an annual environmental and educational initiative that falls under GPCA’s broader advocacy pillar. See video
- Operation Clean Sweep® is a global initiative by the plastic industry to reduce plastic pellet loss to the environment. Read more
Advocating for the youth: GPCA is leading programs aiming at empowering the future talent and creating young leaders for the GCC chemical industry.
- Leaders of Tomorrow is an initiative launched by GPCA in 2016 and supported by its members aimed at building local human capital in the region. The initiative falls under one of the three pillars of the association, which is advocacy by promoting STEM and bridging the gap between academia and the industry.
- Student recognition and awards. Ibtikar – Rising Star in Supply Chain Award: The award is dedicated to students currently pursuing academic programs in supply chain, logistics management or any equivalent at recognized educational institutions or universities. in the GCC.
- Advocacy (Our youth) Fikra – Rising Stars of the Plastics Industry Competition: A special student category award which aims to recognize young academics exceptional contribution to the field of plastic research.
- GPCA Innovation Competition is a leading regional initiative aimed at engaging university students in chemical research and innovation and providing them with a valuable opportunity to gain exposure in the global chemical industry.
- The GPCA Plastics Excellence Awards recognize outstanding initiatives in plastics conversion, plastics process improvement and product development by companies and individuals in the Arabian Gulf.
- GPCA Legacy Initiative: The GPCA Legacy Initiative and GPCA Legacy Award “Al-Rowad” (الـرواد ) ّ were launched in 2017 to recognize the pioneers of the chemical industry in the Arabian Gulf region.
- The GPCA Supply Chain Excellence Awards aims to recognize the achievements of regional logistics service providers and petrochemical producers.
- The GPCA Responsible Care® Excellence Awards are designed to honor companies and individuals that have demonstrated leadership and outstanding performance in the implementation and execution of the Responsible Care® program.
How can members benefit from the advocacy programs?
- Enhance your organizational performance in various areas such as sustainability, supply chain, innovation, health, safety and environment through internationally accredited programs.
- Be represented on the world stage. GPCA is a member of the ICCA and will represent your interests on issues and decisions impacting your business
- Become a Responsible Care® company and join the chemical industry’s global initiative for continuous EHS&S improvement
- Gain exclusive access to CHEMTREC: Emergency support services – coverage for all manufactured chemical and petrochemical products transported anywhere in the world
GPCA Thought Leadership
How can members benefit from the thought leadership?
By gaining access to the latest industry intelligence and research, you will:
- Stay ahead of your competitors
- Accelerate your business by making informed decisions
- Grasp the next big opportunity in a rapidly changing business environment
What is thought leadership?
GPCA is a trusted and reliable source of regional industry information which it provides on a regular basis in a series of reports, studies, and newsletters. GPCA had issued over 140 publications, which are available at our online library. GPCA publications focus on different segments of the industry, including polymers, agri-nutrients and related downstream industries, and provide insights on supply chain, international trade, circular economy, talent development and business strategy