The Committee shall support the GPCA Board of Directors by discussing, analyzing, seeking alignment on and recommending solutions to all international trade issues that come before the GPCA, and act as the voice of GPCA members within regional and international entities:
- Fostering dialogue with GCC regulators to encourage the adoption of common positions and strategies toward fair international trade regulations, practices, and procedures and to promote the formation of alliances that safeguard regional industry interests.
- Identifying and evaluating international trade barriers that affect GCC petrochemical and chemical exports and developing strategies and priorities for their elimination.
- Undertaking studies and developing position papers on issues of common interest in the area of international trade so as to promote the growth of the GCC petrochemical and chemical industries and to assist GCC regulators to better utilize and expand unilateral, bilateral and multilateral trade agreements.
- Providing an early warning system which informs GPCA member companies of any trade measure initiations filed or to be filed against member companies and GCC countries.
- Producing an effective mitigation plan and advocating general strategy on the appropriate preventive and pre-emptive actions the committee and/ or member companies should take once a trade issue is identified or warning of trade measures is received.
- Collecting data, analyzing and publishing reports and news concerning international trade affecting petrochemicals and chemicals while focusing on emerging trends, business practices, commodity problems, industrial economic development and other relevant matters that may be referred to the committee by member companies.
- Increasing the level of awareness, among related industries, organizations, and other governmental bodies in the GCC through conducting roundtables, workshops and seminars covering international trade regulation, practices and procedures including trade measures
Mutlaq Al Morished
Ahmad Al Saleh
Global Business Director, Ethylene Glycol
Dr. Abdullah Al Ahmari
Vice President – Business & Services
Abdulrahman Essa Al Ateek
SVP – Corporate Affairs
Azhari Mohamed Khalok
Business Development Manager
Fahad Al Subai
Faisal Al Hajri
Market Analyst Manager (Polymers) – Market Intelligence & Analytics
Hassan Musa Al-Mahmoud
Global Sales Director – Polymers
Jihad Ali Hakamy
Sr Manager, M&A, Legal Affairs
SVP,Corporate Strategic Affairs and Communication
Manager of Polymers Marketing