The Committee shall support the GPCA Board of Directors by discussing, analyzing, seeking alignment on and recommending solutions to all issues of common interest, to member companies relevant to the regional plastics industry value chain, that come before the GPCA, based on the three strategic pillars of effective networking, thought leadership and advocacy:
- To advocate for the development of a globally competitive plastics conversion industry in the GCC.
- To project the GCC’s plastics industry as environmentally conscious and socially responsible in all its acts, including producing, manufacturing, marketing and recycling of plastic waste.
- To work with stakeholders towards upgrading policies and infrastructure for plastic waste management in the GCC.
- To work closely with all stakeholders in educating the public on the benefits of plastics and responsible management of plastic waste, with a key focus on circular economy.
- To encourage, promote and support sustainable growth of the plastics and related industries in the plastics value chain.
- To educate the members and propagate up-to-date knowledge related to plastics/ polymers and manufacturing industry data.
- To keep abreast of latest developments and evolving issues related to plastics in the region and use media platforms to voice the industry’s position, either in favor or against such developments.
- To advocate the formulation of policies and regulatory framework conducive to the development of the full potential of the plastics conversion industries in the GCC.
- To create a common platform and to bring together the members to network and share information and best practices.
- To foster the creation of innovative solutions to societal challenges and recognizing excellence amongst the regional plastics industry.
Hazeem Al Suwaidi
Borouge (Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd.)
Nadia Al Hajji
Deputy Chief Executive Officer Projects & Business Development
Technical customer Services Group
Sr. Manager, Pipe IS Global
PP Operations Manager
Advanced Petrochemical Company
Sales Director for Packaging, P&SP – MEA&T
Ayoub Al Ghamdi
Executive President (Saudi Polymers)
General Manager, Polymer Business
General Manager – GCC &
Global Business Development Manager – Petrochemicals
Astra Polymers Compounding Co. Ltd.
Director, Corporate Affairs and Industrial Investments Department.
Head of Emerging Markets and Regional Polymer Producers Accounts in EMEA
Managing Director, Basell Trading International
Khalfan Al Muhairi
SVP Regional MEAE
Borouge ( Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. Ltd.)
Maitha Al Marashi
VP – Sustainability
Borouge (Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. Ltd.)
Sr. Marketing & Sales Manager
Senior Sales Manager Indirect
Muayad Al Faresi
Global Business Director- PET
EQUATE Petrochemical Company
Manager Product Development
General Manager – Manufacturing
Tasnee / Rowad SBU
Cosmoplast & Interplast Group
Petrochemicals Marketing Manager