The Committee shall support the GPCA Board of Directors by discussing, analyzing, seeking alignment on and recommending solutions to all issues of common interest and undertake activities and programs relevant to the promotion of R&I, based on the three strategic pillars of effective networking, thought leadership and advocacy:
- Inculcating a strong understanding of the R&I discipline and its critical role for strategic development within GPCA member companies and other associated stakeholders.
- Emphasizing the importance of establishing links between R&I and business activities within member organizations.
- Sharing and advocating best practices in the management of R&I amongst GPCA members.
- Identifying research areas of common interest, such as projects associated with environmental protection, safety, analytical methodologies or any other topic of mutual interest leading to joint research programs beneficial to member companies on the condition that no antitrust issues are created.
- Enhancing links and cooperation between the GPCA member companies and regional and international universities and National Research Centers (and other similar research institutions).
- Promoting a culture of innovation among GPCA member companies and regional and international universities and National Research Centers (and other similar research institutions).
- Aligning, articulating, and advising on general chemical and petrochemical R&I strategy in view of global and regional challenges and trends.
Dr. Bob Maughon
Chief Technology & Sustainability Officer
Dr. Farhan Al-Shahrani
Head of Strategic Innovation Partnership
Dr. Moayyed Al-Qurtas
Abdulhadi Al Ajmi
Research & Development Director
EQUATE Petrochemical Company
Adnan Al Mahmood
IT & Knowledge Manager
Dr. Saumitra Saxena
Regional R&D Director
ME, Honeywell UOP
Partner, Head of Intellectual Property
Norton Rose Fulbright
Dr. Ammar Al Ojaili
Vice President, Innovation
Research & Technology Team Leader, Mega Project & R&T Dept.
Khalid Mohamed Abdulla
Chief Technical Officer
Dr. Mabrouk Ouederni
Product Development & Innovation
Senior Product Compliance & Regulatory
Dr. Hatim Aldekhiel
General Manager, Chemicals Technology
Diderico van Eyl
General Manager and head of IP Law
Supervisor, Chemicals R&D Technologies Unit
General Manager, Strategy & Business Development
Dr. Sulaiman S Al Khattaf
Vice President, Technology & Innovation